Thursday, February 3, 2022

“Boys Buried Alive” Sure enough it happened. I have a large snowdrift in my front yard, and three little boys just now ran jumping into it, and burying up clear to their heads. I was on the phone, and couldn't take a picture, but it was so funny. The snow is like powder, and is blowing like crazy. It hasn't been over 10 degree all day. I am too old to appreciate this kind of weather anymore. However, I know it is appreciated by most everyone. The ground has been too dry to push the shovel into to make a hole deep enough to plant some tulips. When this snow melts we should be seeing some green grass soon. Then the yard work begins. It takes lots of hard work to keep two big yards mowed, trimmed, and watered. I have to hire most of it done. Even then there is much work that I have to do myself. Flower beds can be a lot of trouble. Weeds just grow with the flowers, and have to be pulled out daily. I love tending the flowers, but cannot do much at one time anymore. The chopping out wild grass, and pulling up volunteer flower growth is too much for my weak heart to handle. Then the large, heavy rocks that have always been a part of my flower garden are getting heaver every year. So what, I'm ready to try it again especially since my daughter-in-law and son did so much to prepare things for spring weather when they were here Christmas. It happened to be summer-like weather, and they did a lot of cleaning up. The weather was too bad for me to take food to my son's house today. He told me not to try and get over there. Now it looks as though it may be as bad tomorrow as it was today. My food bank is o k, but I don't know about his. It all depends on how long this bad weather lasts. I thank God for warm homes, and never failing electricity. Television, and computers, I Phones, and good neighbors are priceless during these times. I have two new books that were given me as presents, but since my eyes are so bad I can't enjoy reading anymore. I do manage to read one chapter of the bible every night, but that is about all. I have put off cataract surgery about as long as I can. Living in a far distance from eye surgery doctors makes it very inconvenient to get done. I do very well with everything except reading much at a time. Like my poor hearing I have learned to live with my poor eyesight. It's not that bad for my age. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment