Monday, May 8, 2017

"Roses To Cheer Me On"

My yellow roses seems to be saying  :Happy Mother's Day," again. This rose bush was given to me by son, Chuck, several years ago. 5-8-2017 Perryton, TX


Early Mother’s Day bouquet makes my heart rejoice. Chuck set this rose bush out for me several years ago with mother’s day wishes. It’s just one of many he set out for me. This yellow and white mixture of roses will be almost one solid rose in a few days. It’s in the very early stage of blooming. By next Sunday, Mother’s Day, the roses will be exceptionally beautiful. When my flowers start blooming I feel so close to my deceased husband and children, Next to my family they are the most beautiful thing in my life. I expect the rest of the spring and summer to be a daily pleasure since flowers are going to be blooming every day. They do light up my life.

I went on a shopping spree this morning. I bought material to make me two outfits. I got it for one-half price, and I’m anxious to design, and sew my own idea of something different. I also bought a pair of gorgeous heels to wear with one of the outfits. I couldn’t go away without a purse to match the other desirous things. My total bill was not big enough to mention. It would be embarrassing, although I feel like I’m just a thrifty shopper. I’m back in the sewing business since my sister fixed my sewing machine a couple of weeks ago. I’m still amazed at what she can do with sewing machines. She came all the way from Albuquerque to Oklahoma City, and I met her there with my sewing machine. It works perfectly now. When you find a store that has 75% marked off of already sale prices, you can’t go wrong. I could shop for hours in a situation like that. I need to go back tomorrow and find some jewelry. I’m in love with this store and it’s not a WalMart’s. It sells classy stuff that has been sent to them without they ordered it. It’s so cheap the store can’t turn it down. The customers are able to save a bundle, and get things that they couldn’t find this side of New York. However I did find a dress pattern marked $18.98. It was just one-half off. I didn’t buy it. The most I’ve ever paid for a pattern is $1.25. I probably have 100 patterns stored in my chest of drawers. I choose to make my own patters with the help of a few basic pieces of an old one. Now that I’m sewing for myself again it gives me reason to want to lose more weight. I’m down to within five pounds of my goal. 

After I’m finished hassling with insurance people resulting from a very bad hail we had recently, I will start my sewing machine up. I have two roofs to replace, and I’m shopping for the best deal I can get  A roof for the house I live in is costing me almost as much as we paid for our first brand new home we had built to our own blueprint. How things change with time. The deductible on my houses are a lot, so I’m working with roofers to forgive some of that. How thankful I am for God’s help with all my business.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment