Wednesday, May 10, 2017

"Home Happy Home"

                                         My rosy haven of rest. 5-10-2017 Perrryton, TX


Spring is starting to look like summer. I am so happy it’s finally happening. We have had a bad winter, and spring with ice storms and hail, fires and floods. Our community is slowly bouncing back, but some things can never be replaced. I am one of the more fortunate ones, for which I am so thankful. My houses did get hail damage, but the insurance is covering it. All of the limbs that the ice storm broke off covering our yards were removed by volunteers from churches. We live in a great community of thoughtful people. “When God closes one door, He opens another.” There is more truth in this quote than most people believe. I am seeing doors being opened for me every day. Yes, I have felt shut out many times in the past few years, but now I feel welcome only because God was ready to open the door. He even opened the door for a new president who is calling back all the Christian believers who for so long have been traumatized with Satan’s followers. Everyone should be rejoicing from the housetops. God is closing the door to these evil people day by day. His lock cannot be picked even by the most brilliant lock-pickers in the world. We must stay in or out until He decides to unlock the door. I accept this Superpower without any questions asked. We are asked to live by faith and not by sight. This requires a total commitment from us to our God. Are we there today?

Just because I am not mentioning the political happenings taking place now is no sign I am not taking it in. I have just felt led to silence my voice about politics until further notice. I am very much aware of serious, disagreeable meetings taking place in Congress. I am not commenting at this time only to say “the swamp is being drained,” but we are not finished yet. We have seen a lot of bloodshed already, but we possible could see a lot more before we can proudly say, “We have made America great again.” My focus now is on taking care of my own business. That is a pretty big job for me. I am also  busy getting information from my family for my sister who is  updating our family history book. She needs it soon so she can have the updated books ready to take to our next family reunion June 10. We are expecting a large gathering of family members this year at Lake Thunderbird, near Norman, Oklahoma. That is one month away, and everyone is excited. I treasure my large family, and count them as one of my biggest blessings that God has given me. We eat, drink, laugh, and are made merry for we no not if we will ever meet again this side of heaven. Thank God for cheat phone service and the internet that keeps us all fairly close connected.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


 


No comments:

Post a Comment