Sunday, May 7, 2017

"An Evening Of Bumper Upper"

A slight view of Lake Fryer taken from the steps of the Lobo restaurant there. 5-7-2017 Perryton TX
We ate early last evening at the Lobo and not many people had come to eat yet. Most of our group had already left before I thought about taking a picture. 5-7- 2017 Perryton, TX



I did make the trip to the lake last evening to meet with the widowed group for dinner. The weather was nice, and lots of people were at the lake. Our group orders their meal around 5 o’clock so not many people had come for dinner yet. I was excitedly watching the Kentucky Derby while I ate, and forgot to take a picture before most of the group left. The food was delicious, and the atmosphere was pure, lake style, at it’s best. The classic style of the horse race made a balance of pure-d-pleasure. As we were leaving several people had started coming in including bikers, campers, and even some from town who just came to eat the good food. I did enjoy the time spent with friends, and catching up on everyone’s activity for the past week. It helped put me in a positive mode, which I was needing badly. I had a good night’s sleep and rest, and was ready for church early this morning. I am going to visit a friend in an assisted living center when I finish this blog. This friend is always glad to see me, and I must not forget those who are less fortunate than I. The best medicine I can take is sharing the best of me with the worst of others. I wish I could do more, but I can do a lot if I try. I am so happy and thankful to have the ability to help others.

I heard a good sermon in church this morning, but I am still fumbling trying to find the right page. What, and where, did this sermon fit into my life-book of daily living. The title of the sermon was “Abundant Life.” Scripture reading John 10:1-10. I have this stubborn feeling that I have to remember peoples past when they try to get closer to me. Of course this is an exception of any normal, minor thing that I just didn’t agree with: But when I have been convinced that someone I know has been the murderer of someone I know, I just can’t call that normal or minor. It seemed like our pastor was telling us that he don’t want to hear about someone’s past if they are seeking membership with our church. As far as I know we do not have a member in our church who has a bad past, but I believe we do have a past member who at my opinion is seeking membership again. I believe it takes more than maybe one, or two, or even not any to hear a confession from the evil crime a person may have committed, before membership is accepted. It troubles me greatly. More importantly I am more troubled about a young student connected to our church who has been diagnosed with a rare type of cancer which cannot be treated. This guy is such a loving person that does not deserve this severe death threat. I didn’t learn of this until this morning, although the diagnoses has been made for quite some time. I was greatly touched. This guy is probably 19 years old, and I cannot let this case go with just a simple prayer request. I know first hand that God heals, and “the prayer of the faith shall heal the sick.” My heart is bleeding. This young man has stood enough hard trials already without having to face death. Please join with me to take his case before God, and plead for mercy for this dear one.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment