Friday, October 28, 2016

"Blowing In The Wind"

The pretty little butterfly escaped before the camera clicked.  10-28-2016 Perryton, Texas.
So proud of this one little pin wheel. It has blown faithfully since early spring. The others blew to pieces. These little gadgets kept the birds away from my grapes and berries. 10-28-2016 Perryton, Texas.



What a windy day! Leaves are piling up everywhere. The only little pinwheel I have left is blowing it’s head off.

Yes the leaves keep falling,

 and I keep bawling,

 cause I don’t want to rake,

 for heaven’s sake.

If only I could be young again,

I would love this blowing wind.

I would be catching leaves as they fell,

and never be thinking of hell.

Too bad we have a conscience that grows with age,

for my mind keeps going back to daddy’s rage,

 for we were never on the same page.

Now I fear like I should have then,

cause after all sin is sin.

Whether we’re young, old or in between,

our deeds are recorded and they will be seen,

 by my own eyes, I hope I wasn’t too mean.

If I were young again I don’t know what I would change,

Cause I still like the people that were in my range,

I think I did the best I could, With what I had to do,

Although it wasn’t always what I wanted, I made out and lived to see

beyond the blue.

Many dreams I left behind,

but they are still on my mind.

Someday I hope to find,

The joy I gave up because I was blind,

To my real self and opted to decline.

What will heaven be to me?

Peace throughout eternity. 

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp











No comments:

Post a Comment