Friday, December 11, 2015

"Like A Flag Before My Eyes Four Red Leaves Waved At Me"

Amazing! Four red leaves are still hanging on this bare plum tree. It is a multi- fruit tree that when in full bloom there are three of four kinds of leafs. 12-11-2015 Perryton, Texas.


While sitting at my desk computer this morning I looked out the window to see four large, red leaves still clinging to a plum tree. The tree is completely bare except for these four leaves. This tree produces three or four kinds of plums when in blooming stage. These four leaves must be from the best tasting plums, however all have been tasty good. This tree is almost within touching distance of my window if it were open. I am surrounded by natures beauty the year round. Hope for a new life, and more fruit is forever taking first place in my thoughts.

A few days ago the nurse at North West Texas Hospital called in the doctor to visit Rick’s room. She thought he was sinking into the last minutes of life. His daughter, Rayna, and I had just came out of his room to break down, and hopefully to regain our composure when the nurse told us she had called in the doctor. Several nurses, and even the cleaning ladies put their arms around us and tried to comfort us. It did help so much to know someone cared about our terrible pain. We finally accepted the reality of life being over for Rick, and Rayna left to call some family. I walked back into his room and saw a “perked-up” Rick offering again some of his amazing humor. I was stunned. By the time the doctor arrived Rick was able to tell him he was doing well. The doctor tarried a few seconds and left smiling. I called Rayna to give her the news for which she too was amazed. Even with the miracle we witnessed, we both had to be a bit obstinate. It would happen again that old stubborn evil one told us. And he was right about his allegation. Rick would sink, then recover several times before we finally accepted the fact that God had healed him. All life support apparatus was removed and Rick is doing better each day. He has to gain back his strength and gradually increase his diet to a solid food. But just by hearing his voice on the phone, you would not guess anything had ever been wrong with him. He is the first to say God healed him. I had planned to go back to Amarillo this morning, but Rick told me not to come till he called me and said, “I am waiting at the front door.”

The four red leaves still hanging on a dead tree this morning was proof to me that Rick went through four stages of death, but managed to hang on to the last tree of everlasting life. We thank all of you who kept Rick in your prayers. What a blessing so many have been to us. May God bless all of you.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp




No comments:

Post a Comment