Thursday, December 31, 2015

"A Promise And A Bit Of Good Luck For Fun"

Almost looks like  great fire in the sky. Oh! what the sun and clouds can do to the imagination. 12-31-2015 Perryton, Texas.


There is never a dull moment in the sky. Every time I look up I can see something of interest. Each and every second something changes up there. It is the same way in life. From one minute until the next, one never knows what is going to happen. It could be bad, or it could be good. The only thing that never changes is God’s big hand. There is a verse of a song that says, hold onto God’s unchanging hand. If I ever let go that is the last of me. There are too many bad wolves waiting to grab me and shred me to pieces. When it gets dark at my house I lock up all the doors and stay inside. I believe God has taught us to be responsible for staying safe to the best of our ability. It is after we have done the wise things He has taught us that He pulls us out of trouble when we become entangled. I long for the day when all is peace and joy with no more troubles to bear. Until then I will keep on singing His praises all the day and night long. I must have learned thousands of songs while growing up, because it seems like every night a different old hymnal starts going through my mind. I sing myself to sleep almost every night. I harbour so many precious memories of being in different churches with several members of my family while growing up. Those memories are a continuous blessing to me.

I am sitting here tonight two hours before the new year arrives listening to fire works. Different people celebrate the new year differently. If Rick had been able we would be at church having fellowship with fellow members while waiting to enjoy black-eyed peas and cornbread at midnight. Rick is lying down, but says he wants to stay awake until after midnight. He still has a certain amount of child left in him. I am glad for that. I am so happy when he is happy, just as I am when all of my children and grandchildren are happy. I have sailed through most of this old year, but a few storms I did encounter which I had to push though. I am trusting that the new year will be calm and peaceful all the way. I feel peace already. “Happy are those who trust in the Lord for their strength shall be renewed. They shall mount up as eagles. They shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint.” Join with me and stand upon this promise the whole year long.

I will now close and put the black-eyed peas in a bowl to soak. There were no fresh ones at the store today, and Chuck insists on non-pre-cooked peas. I will put the bacon pieces in to cook with them.

Good night and happy new year everyone.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment