Thursday, December 17, 2015

"A Blue Christmas Tree"


I turned off all lights last night to take this picture of my fiber optic tree. It is a lovely blue with a continuous flashing of lights. 12-17-2015 Perryton, Texas.


The snow is coming down in large flakes this morning in Perryton, Texas. They are beautiful, but I really didn’t want any more snow right now. We still had piles of snow from the last snowstorm. I did get a lot of shopping done yesterday, and I’m glad for that. However I had planned to travel to Amarillo today to visit Rick who is in rehab there. He is not doing well, and I may not be able to go see him for some time. I don’t know what will happen when no one is there to sign papers for him if, or when, he becomes incompetent. I, and his daughter, are the only ones who can do that, and the daughter lives in Houston, Texas over 600 miles away.

We have been taking this terrible chapter in our life just one day at a time. It has been a long chapter, and it looks like it may be the last. Nothing has worked like I had hoped it would, but one thing for sure, God is on our side. Rick is ready to go, but he would rather come home to die if that is what is happening. Of course I would rather be by his side. God will have His way through it all. Its amazing how many lives Rick has touched since being hospitalized for over a month. I can say he has had the best of care. It will take a lot more to kill his positive attitude, and he won’t go down without his last word being a humorous one.

Last night I turned off all lights and took a picture of our little blue, fiber optic Christmas tree. It was so pretty, and I had hoped Rick could see it. Christmas always meant a lot to him. He told me all he wanted was a bible with tabs that had the names of the books on them. His bible now is full of highlights he has made, but he wanted a new one with easy to find chapters. I am getting that bible today if the snow doesn’t make businesses close up.

I have to stay positive. To not, would be to doubt my Lord who has never failed me yet. To stay positive means to trust no matter what happens. I have done this many times, and most of the time I was given complete victory over my surrendering to Him. This latest battle seems to be the hardest one yet however, I am sure I have just forgotten some of the agony that existed in other times. I will always remember the scripture that says, “by His stripes we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5.

I have been baking a large ham for about two hours now. This will be part of our Christmas dinner. I don’t know what to do with all that meat, but Chuck delivered the ham to me yesterday. It smells good enough to have some now for lunch. I will be sending some of the ham, and all the other good stuff we have to those who need it most. I will be sending it through my prayers.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment