Monday, September 7, 2015

"The Headless Dinosaur"

The headless dinosaur of iron on top of a high hill off highway 83 near Canadian Texas. 9-7-2015 Perryton, Texas.


After a two week vacation from my blog, I am glad to be back to the normal routine of my daily effort to make the life I live more interesting. For the past two weeks I have spent some time with a friend from childhood just enjoying the pleasures of senior days. We visited the area where we grew up and learned the value of love and respect for all people. There will never be a place more interesting, and relaxing, than the small communities where we were raised. Going back home and visiting with old friends is always exciting.

On my way back home I stopped to take a picture of a large sculpture of an iron dinosaur placed a top a high hill near Canadian, Texas. With two shots of attempting to get this far-a-way creature I left out the head. I decided to post it anyway thinking maybe I needed to talk about people who seemingly don’t have any heads. There are plenty of such bodies walking around showing signs of few brains. A lot of times I can include myself in those modern puppets. It amazes me to always see a loving God who will forgive, and forget our headless acts, even when we go back and do the same things over. Another way to look at the “dumb” things we do sometimes, is seeing a necessary time of learning something that will grow are faith, and turn us away from stumbling blocks that we may be headed for. “All things work together for good to those who love Him.” Sometimes it cost us something to learn a lesson on how to advance the knowledge we already have, but can’t seem to apply it to the right surface of stable growth. The mustard seed, which is the smallest seed of all, is known to grow tall and produce much  product. It does have to be planted in good soil and watered before it can grow its best. I wonder sometimes where my muster seed is planted. It doesn’t seem to be growing. The last thing I will do is say that I no longer have the faith of a mustard seed. I may not grow tall and produce any great works, but my seed is still alive and active. It will grow if I will it to do so. No one can stop my years of having learned something every day about the works of God. Satan is never going to stop trying to defeat us, but I have learned long ago that he is just a measly demon posing as a huge evil force who can destroy even God. Never, never believe that lie. He is a “mustard seedless” demon, who never grows. He just always stays the same. A deceiving ugly “cast out” without any hope.  Sometimes we may have to tell him more than once to leave our presence, but he can not hang around long if we rebuke him in the name of Jesus. Let us all think about getting our heads in the picture.

God Bless
Myrtle jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment