Sunday, September 13, 2015

"Snap Dragons And Jet Dragons"

Today is September the 13 and I snapped this picture of these snap dragon's holding on for dear life. Notice the dead leaves on the ground. 9-13-2015 Perryton, Texas.
While sitting in the shade around the bare flower garden this morning I was attracted to this fast jet over my head. Flowers and jets are my theme this morning. 9-13-2015 Perryton, Texas.

This afternoon I sat under the apple tree just starring at my bare flower beds. In my mind I could still see all of those beautiful flowers that thrilled my soul every day all summer long. Then I glanced up to see a fast moving jet with two trails of smoke high above my head. I’m sure it was headed for Denver. I had a few quick thoughts about the modern-day jet service, then walked to the front yard to catch a glimpse of something there. I haven’t cleaned out the front flower beds yet although I should have. The flowers are sickly looking and depress me. But near the patio a few snap dragons were still hanging on for dear life so I have posted their picture here.

I had an unusual thought to pop up in my mind. Since all the yard work is almost over till next spring, and since I have nothing much to do around here, why didn’t I catch a jet and travel some. The thought didn’t last long since I am not a happy flier. Especially now since so much terror is happening every day. I will save my flight for the no-return trip to heaven. I don’t expect that to be much longer. In the mean time I will keep waiting for that great miracle to happen and sweep me off my feet. A person might think with age God would lighten the burdensome load we have had to carry for years, but I am made to think now that it just gets heaver. Although He did promise everyone that He would not put more on them than what they could bear. 1 Corinthians 10:13. I suppose I should be very thankful for the strength that I still have both physical, and mental. I may feel like I am imprisoned for several months until the sun comes up to stay long enough to warm the soil so my flowers can resurrect, but it will happen bye and bye.

My home is now a refuge instead of a work place. I have the peace and happiness of God living with me each day. I can say I can keep my burdens at home. I don’t have to go out and face the public and get blasted every time I open my mouth. That is truly a blessing for me, because I do have a certain amount of fight-back inside me. I am getting too old for that now, but I have done my share. I have always said if Jesus can get angry, and He did, so can I. Enough is enough even for Jesus. He does not hesitate to face Satan every time he attacks us. I thank Him for that protection. Satan is a bully, but more than that he is a coward. He turns and runs at the mention of Jesus’ name. I have seen him. He is very ugly and evil looking. One has to have the Holy Spirit in their life to rebuke that awful creature. The Holy Spirit is for everyone who will believe and ask in Jesus name. Now is the time to accept Him.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment