Sunday, June 7, 2020

"The Precious Word Of God"

The book that never lost it's popularity, The book that lives without food. 6-7-2020 Perryton, TX
 

I enjoyed a good church service this morning. It's beginning to feel like old times again. I was in a group of people who boldly raise their hands in praise to God, in spite of all the threatening destruction of God's mighty power. I did not see one person there who looked the least bit worried about what is about to happen to our country, and to the church. I am so thankful that God has moved me to another Christian group of people who firmly stand on the bible, without waver or fear. This church is the same church believe that I was raised in. I have belonged to another church for several years, which I highly respect, but it lacks the demonstration of the Holy Spirit. The people there believe in the Holy Spirit, but no one allows it to be free to bless the way the Holy Spirit choses to bless. What will happen to them when their ship begins to sink during these stormy waters? The way I was welcomed this morning makes me know I am in the right place at the right time. I feel so encouraged, and certainly do not feel alone. I see great, and mighty things ahead for this small group of people who are all in one accord at this time.


Yes, this day has been a good day for me, and I believe many more good days are in my future. I heard the Pastor say this morning that he believed what he preaches, and he will stick to it. I say amen to that, and whatever happens to lessen our faith, never, never let it befall you. If God takes me to heaven tomorrow, or sooner, He will be taking one happy soul. I trust Him all the way, and welcome His timing for me to leave this world behind. I will be counting the days until next Sunday so I can be back in the place I fell in love with last Sunday. Yes, this is my second Sunday to worship at this church, and it gets better each time. I plan to cooperate, and not operate the duties of the church. Isn't that a sweet spirit to have dwelling within you? Of course I admire those who labor, and toil to make the church a wonderful place to come for persons like myself. They have my blessings, and anything else I may be able to add. I am not blind to their hard work, and much prayer to accomplish what God expects of them. Those who live on easy street while serving the Lord, like myself, are to be questioned sometimes as to the purpose we are here for. I am thankful for every blessing God gives me, but I do want to be worthy, although I know that is impossible. By faith I will follow God, and hope to do His will.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment