Friday, April 29, 2016

"Showers Of Blessings I pray"

Showers of blessings. Flower beds and streets are standing in water. Thank you Lord for the nice rain. 4-29-2016 Perryton, Texas.
                        Its so nice to see everything looking so green. 4-29-2016 Perryton, Texas.


I was awaken this morning at 4:00 by hail beating on my roof. I looked out to see slight hail mixed with rain. It was thundering and lightening. I just said, “thank you Lord,” and went back to bed. We have had a nice rain, but the sun is shinning now. What a blessing it has been. The grass was getting dry, and I was fixing to water today. I love all the blessings God gives us, and I truly let Him know it. He deserves our thanks, and praise. We deserve nothing. Every day is a challenge for me. I wait patiently for another blessing to happen. I was also blessed this morning with a call from a dear friend who lives in another city. I always enjoy visiting with her because she has a way of lifting my spirits. Later I called my sister in Oklahoma City. That was another blessing to me. She has such a positive attitude in spite of a lot of hardships she endures daily. I look forward  to the times when I can spend some time with her. I have a very good friend who lives in Oklahoma City who I enjoy visiting with also. She is suppose to call me later today when her company leaves. She is always on a victory note, and her words bring joy to me. Nothing can do one more good on a wet, cloudy day than to have friends and loved ones to chat with awhile.

I can say that I also share my blessings with others. I am so happy when I have shared a few dollars with hungry families. We don’t have to look far to find such a case as that. The Lord told us to divide our bread with the hungry, and to cover the naked. I love doing these things because Jesus said, “as often as you do this unto the least, you do it unto me.” This life is all about giving, and receiving. Nothing else is as important as that. I like to give, and I like to receive. When this life is over, and we enter into the gates of heaven we will be shown all of the good things we have done for others. Unfortunately we will be shown all the things we failed to do also. “Work for the night is coming when man’s work will be no more.” If everyone was smart and didn’t make mistakes, there would be no hungry of clothe less. That is to say Jesus knew everyone would not be perfect, and even though we were to share. Ourselves are included in that group. We all lose a game now and then. Some lose more times than others. Then there are some who seem to have the game mastered. Where ever I fit in, I want to share with the biggest losers. They just didn’t have the Excellency to win. Jesus loves them anyway. Let us love them too. We must love the sinner, but hate the sin.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment