Sunday, April 10, 2016

"A Story Of Both Natural And Spiritual Fruit"

               The rhubarb is blooming and ready to be made into pies. 4-10-2016 Perryton, Texas.



We just had our first mess of asparagus this past week. It was so much better than the store bought kind. Now the rhubarb is ready to be made into pies. Except for fruit the asparagus and rhubarb is about all the vegetables I will have this year. Maybe a few tomatoes, but I don’t do garden anymore. Most of it was going to waste when I was growing garden stuff so I quit doing it. I do miss it though since I love fresh vegetables so well. I will just work with the flowers and enjoy the beauty they show off. The many roses I have each year bloom all summer and into fall. They are super beautiful.

The clouds this evening are looking like rain is coming. I haven’t heard the weather forecast, but I believe it is going to rain. That would be so nice. It is very dry here now. I have been waiting for rain before I put the weed and feed on my back yard. I watered in the front yard, but the back is too large. The grass is too thick to water enough to put the fertilizer on. Its also real dry. The weeds do not need water. They are growing by leaps and bounds. Chuck has sprayed them twice, but I still have to pull up weeds nearly every day. They grow in the alley and where my garden spot is.

I have more time than I have energy now a days. That is a sign of too much wear and tear on this old body. I have no other choice but to chug along and endure the stress. A friend told me today that a little pain is better than moving a wheel chair. I know I have a lot to be thankful for. I have had a rough past year taking care of my ill son, but now I am alone again and becoming stronger both spiritually, and physically, every day. We shall always reap the good if we don’t faint. I didn’t faint and I am now reaching out to a better time of my life. I am very excited about my future. I am sure some great things are going to happen before I peter out. I’m making plans now to do something to help the process. I already feel my youth coming back. Not too speedy, but surely so.

I learned a lesson today. I’m sure I already knew what I think I learned today, but I had forgotten. I became quite up-set with a person whom I have had much patience with for years. This person is one whom I could not forsake if my life depended on it. She made me very unhappy yesterday, and I decided to write her a nasty long letter. I felt as though it had to be done, finally. I copied off the letter, placed it in an envelope and went to bed. I was sure I had done the right thing. I had previously written letters to her, but always tore them up. This letter was not going to be torn up. This morning when I awoke, I had a different feeling about my smart aleck loved one. I thought to myself, oh no here I go again. I had spent several hours writing that letter, and I was going to send it off. I even wrote some more to go with it. I hadn’t made it nasty enough. I addressed the envelope and was ready to place the stamp on it, but I wasn’t sure how much postage I would need, so I left it off until I went to the post office tomorrow. I really had done a good job this time I thought. Since today was Sunday I couldn’t mail the letter until tomorrow so the good Lord had time to get my attention. The letter was to be torn up just like all the rest. I kept arguing, but in the end I was the loser. I still haven’t torn it up, but I feel sure I will tomorrow. The moral of this story is when hurt mingled with frustration over takes you  go to the computer and write half the night about how you feel. It nearly always relieves  you of all anger without having to mail it. A very bad situation was corrected before it became full-blown. But I think I have a very good letter that needs to be read. It is not mean, nor threatening. I think it will help the ignorant one to see themselves like everyone else sees them. But know, the letter must not be sent. All my intelligent advise, and suggesting is just wasted. What will the next live be like?

God Bless
Myrtle jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment