Sunday, December 1, 2019

"Carving The Turkey"

               Roasted turkey, and dressing for Thanksgiving dinner. 12-1-2019 Perryton, TX
 

After today no more turkey and dressing. I'm taking the bones to the alley for the cats to eat. We did enjoy three days of the rich dressing made from the turkey broth. The baked turkey was juicy, and cooked to the perfectly done stage. With all the other side dishes we had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. With all the food, and the company of my children I am ready to shout for glory. In just two weeks I will again be celebrating yet another big holiday with some more of my children. An exciting time to look forward to. This year is ending for me with much pleasure. More so than I've had in several years. I am expecting a lot of good things to happen in the New Year of 2020. I hope I can help someone else to be happy also. In these days, and times, many people are struggling with life, since our country has been under attack for so long. I must say God will never leave, nor forsake us as He has promised in His Word. He even tells us “we have not because we ask not.” What more could we ask for? “Ask and ye shall receive.” I ask my Heavenly Father every night for peace, joy, and happiness, and that He so freely gives me. We all are on our way to a blessed resting place that Jesus has prepared for us. May we never doubt that.


Since I'm so full uf turkey, and the like, I am not excited about going to the Center tomorrow to eat chicken, and noodles. I had planned to go and share all my Thanksgiving blessings until I read in the paper what we would be having for lunch. I will decide by morning if I will go on and share anyway. Good times are not just about good food, although it sure helps. I just hate to pay my money for an hour or so just to shoot the breeze. However, sometimes it's worth it. I really thought the chickens should be left to roost for awhile, and bring out the beans, and cornbread. The truth is I should be skipping a few meals completely for awhile. I am overstocked, but not ready to stop adding on.


I am anxious for the big week to start up tomorrow. Again we will be glued to the television as if the world was about to end. Something has just got to end this ridiculous impeachment thing, and let our President do his job. The time has come for all nonsense to end. The guilty have been fighting to hide their guilt long enough. It's time to make them pay for their crimes. But for awhile yet the fight will continue, and when God has had enough the battle will end in the Christians favor. I plan to watch till the battle is over.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment