Friday, August 26, 2016

"I Lost The Day But Found The Reason"


This is what my street looks like across from my house the first night of football season. All the parking lots are filled and both sides of the street for two or three blocks. 8-26-2016 Perryton, Texas.


Excitement has already started around my house. Football season has begun and this city turns out in groves to support the game. I don’t attend the games, but I have to perk up when I see so many others running to and fro  trying to get a seat in the bleachers. I remember when my husband and I used to be excited too. That was when we had boys playing. We reserved seats from year to year. Everything has changed over the years. Age just has a way of doing that to us. At least when I look out and see all those vehicles surrounding my house I know there is something else going on other than world concerns. I almost wonder how anyone could enjoy any kind of pleasure with so much evil and fighting going on all over the world. Each morning when I awake I am so thankful that I am still in my home unharmed. I make this a request to God every night before I go to bed. I am convinced that He hears and answers that request, and I praise Him for it. His almighty power trumps all doubt and fear that the evil forces try to load on us. Even today I received a call that I never ever expected, and it was so up-lifting. I knew in that moment that God had sent me a special message that I was really needing. I am so grateful, but still a little in disbelief.

Sometimes I feel like I have had the limit of tests put on me in a very short time. Some like I hadn’t been dealt in many years. I had almost forgotten that such tests were still on the list. The kind that makes you feel like you’re being punished for no reason. I had not felt like I had done anything but good to several people whom now I was hearing crucial remarks which the speakers of such had no idea of how much harm they were doing to me. It’s something like I call. “a disarranged person when the real inner truth pops out.” Later these same people realize what they’ve done, and don’t know what to do to make it up. I know this is a common characteristic in many people, but I had not been attacked by this kind of behavior in years. At  least not to my face. I believe it takes tests like this to keep us on the right track sometimes. At least I got that counterattack today that made me feel like I might be sprouting wings. What an awesome God we serve! I am made to realize more that we cannot enter the Promised Land without going through the wilderness. I will take my hurts and count them as stepping stones into the Blessed Heaven of rest. I just must remember If I hurt back I may have voided the stepping stone, although I also believe God gave us a mind of wisdom full of love to counteract these critical remarks.  Shall we forgive one another, and take a step forward?

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment