Wednesday, August 24, 2016

"I Guess I Love Crazy"

The roses are still blooming. A little Crepe Myrtle tree embraces the rose bush and they make a lovely pair. 8-24-2016 Perryton, Texas

How sweet it is to trust in the Lord. I can’t say this enough. Almost every day I am lifted up beyond unbelievable circumstances that knocks me to the ground. It’s like when I come to I wonder what happened. I had forgotten the blow and only remembered the good things ahead. I count theses attacks as the way children react to one another when they become angry at not getting their way. Within a short time they have forgotten all about their anger and proceed on with the happy, merry way they were before the anger struck. I must still have a lot of child in me because I forget what I swore I would do while I was frustrated and spring back into the old way of finishing the job. I tell myself I must be crazy, but then I remember that is the way Jesus told us to be. “Acknowledge the Lord in all thy ways and he will direct thy path.” I never fail to tell God I have decided to do something different when I throw one of my little fits. I tell Him what I am going to do then He invariable tells me what I am going to do. My Heavenly Father is just as stern with me as my earthly father was. That is saying a lot. I don’t get very far on my angry path, or I might say my discouraging path, until my Lord turns me around to go back and keep pressing on the same path I was on. I may not like it, but I have to obey the Master’s voice. He never lets me down.

It was beginning to turn dusk this evening when I walked outside and noticed how beautiful these roses  were in my yard. A little Crepe Myrtle tree grows close to the rose bush and together they make a lovely pair. My son, Chuck, planted the rose bush and he is the one that is making me discouraged so much. He loves that crimson red rose bush and pampers it all the time. I saw Chuck’s eyes looking at me from inside one of those beautiful roses this evening. I can’t do to him what I said I was going to do today. I told him he was too stubborn to listen to me, the doctors, or anyone else, so I was leaving him to root for himself. He is having a hard time recovering from open heart surgery, but he does not take care of himself neither will he let me take care of him. I am all he has except a few friends who do not have the same patience that I have with him. He wants to stay in his house alone, but I have to be there several times a day to take him food and other things. He lost his phone in the house we know, but we could never find it after calling it over and over. I had to get him another one. He would not eat or take his medicine so he became so weak he can hardly walk. I have had to take him to the ER several times since his release from the hospital. But today for the umpteenth time I told him to do what he wanted to do, but I was through with him. The Lord told me, “no you’re not.” OK Lord, whatever, wherever, you want me to go I will follow. And I praise His Holy name.”

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment