Saturday, November 28, 2015

"Sharing A Recipe For A Blessing"

                    Backyard snow still partly covers the ground. 11-28-2015 Perryton, Texas.


Two days after Thanksgiving we still have snow on the ground. Its been too cold for any to melt. The streets are slick and hardly anyone is driving on them. So thankful for a nice warm home to hole up in. I have to think about all the unfortunate ones who are living on the streets or under bridges. My prayers reach out to them. Far too many people mock, and feel no sympathy  for the underprivileged. Many say, “they brought it all upon themselves.” That may be partly true, but didn’t we all fail in some way or another to do better with our lives. Many of those homeless souls are products of poor up-bringing. They struggled to survive any way they could. Very seldom do you see a beautiful flower growing amongst a bed of thorns, like sandburs or dandelions. Without loving parents, its very hard for young children to manage on their own. Even if a parent is loving, but not able to provide proper care, the child often grows up to be under educated, and resentful of others. There is no way the neglected grown-up child can ever recover from such twisted and hopeless life. I read an article recently where a mayor of a large city believed the only solution to the homeless problem so many cities are dealing with was to euthanize them all. I ask myself the question. Have I done everything possible to keep even one person from becoming homeless? That is a pretty serious question to ask ourselves. Especially if it means one of our own. I feel as if those who have rejected their own will face serious consequences while they themselves live in this world, as well as the after life. I didn’t choose to escape the responsibility of helping my children when they needed help. I may not be as free as a bird, but I am at peace with myself. My joy continues to build, and my faith does deliver me much happiness. I am ruled by the hand of God, and not by human power. If my life ends today I am satisfied with my soul. I do not believe anyone can ever retire from God’s work. If they do, the blessings automatically stop. “Lord help me to hold onto you even in times of great opposition.” 

I do not believe I am preaching to the choir. I felt led to say these words because I feel like some do not understand that each one of us must answer for our deeds while we are here on earth. Very few excuses will suffice. Even those who may be mocking my words, I warn those are God’s words and can be found in the Holy Bible. Contest them if you please, but be prepared for the damnation that will follow. I am but an humble servant, and my life is full of sin, but I ask God each day to forgive and help me do better tomorrow. Most of my sins are not known to me. But the Word tells us that no one is perfect, and we must repent daily.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp            

No comments:

Post a Comment