Monday, November 23, 2015

"Safe At Home"

My son, Rick, pushing lawn mower this past summer on my back yard. 2015. These past few months has brought him down to total disability. 11-23-2015 Perryton, Texas.



It is so good to be home after 12 days spent in a motel room in Fort Worth, Texas while my son, Rick, was recovering in a hospital bed with a serious bowl obstruction. We had traveled to Fort Worth the night before to spend one night in the motel so Rick could keep an appointment the next morning with his pain-management doctor at 8:30. We were to be on our way back home by 9:00 a.m. During the night Rick became deathly sick. I called an ambulance and he was taken to the Harris Methodist hospital emergency room at 4:00 a.m. I rode with the ambulance to the hospital and didn’t have a way back to the motel, which was several miles. I have a few family members and friends living in Fort Worth, and even with their busy work schedule and several miles from my motel and the hospital, they were able to assist me with my handicap. I have never driven in Fort Worth and knew nothing about the locality of anything. My car was never moved unless someone else was driving it. Twelve days of totally depending upon someone else to take me to and from the hospital, and also to buy some cloths since I only took an overnight change, can be very hectic. I tried to keep food and drinks in the room, since no decent eating places were close. We were not kept informed on Rick’s condition, but we could tell it was serious if not critical, although the doctor kept saying, maybe in two or three days he could be released if he didn’t have to have surgery. We were to learn Rick had three doctors treating him all through his stay in the Hospital. Each one had to sign off on their particular type of profession. Rick was also recovering from a broken hip surgery from just two weeks prior. He still had the staples in his hip wound and also knee. As always God was on the scene, and sent me wonderful help. I had calls from family and friends who lived hundreds of miles away offer to come and help me. I just wasn’t going to allow that. Then after a few attempts to reach a niece and nephew they there immediately there to help me. My niece  cancelled her cruise trip and had her husband to take his father in her place, because my only other source of help at the time was going to be out of town a few days. What a miracle she turned out to be. She was trained in nursing care and was able to look at Rick’s chart and see everything that had happened since he had been admitted. She was going by red check marks made on each one of Rick’s problems, which were many. She eased our fears by seeing on that chart that he had continuously improved since entering the hospital. Although she thought he still had a way to go yet. I had been out of blood-pressure medicine for four days, and thought it was necessary to try and get some approved by my family pharmacy. It was not east, and it cost me over $2.00 a pill to get them. I settled wit 7 pills, and bought several things to eat in my motel room. Then miraculously the doctors all signed off on Rick’s case late that same evening. My niece came and picked me up to go to the hospital to get him. We stayed in the motel room another night and left for home the next morning. We arrived home about 4:00 p.m. Rick was very tired and was enduring quite a lot of pain, but is doing better this morning. This was a terrible test for me, but God never puts more on us than what we can endure. I thank Him with all my heart, and have asked Him to bless all of those who blessed me.

Thanks also to all my readers who have been checking my blogs since I have been gone. I hope to be back to writing about the blessings of God soon. The time is upon us to trust Him with all our heart. No one human being can help us like God, even though God furnishes us with others love and concern. We are his arms and legs, also mouth. Let us be led by His Spirit and do His will.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment