Thursday, February 26, 2015

"My Roots From Five Generations Back"

This picture is of my great-great-great grandmother Jane Tell Witcher and husband James K. Witcher. I do not have the correct date of this pic, but it was somewhere near the start of the 1800 hundredth's. 2-26-2015 Perryton, Texas.
This is my great-great grandmother, Sarah Catharine Witcher, Greenwood, Holly. She was born in1845. 2-26-2015 Perryton, Texas.
This is my grandmother, Nellie, Holly, Wheeler, Denham, and grandfather, Jimmy T. Denham. This pic was taken around 1933. I cannot find a pic of my great grandmother. 2-26-2015 Perryton, Texas.

This pic is my mother, Opal Denham, Cope and my father Jack Cope.. My mother was born in 1916. This is my own portrait  painting of my parents. No justice served. 2-26-2015 Perryton, Texas.
This pic is me, Myrtle Jean Sharp, 2014. All of these pictures are descendants from my mother's side. 2-26-2015 Perryton, Texas.


For some reason I felt like I needed to let people know who I really am as best as I could. The truth is I don’t know myself who I am so I just started by posting pictures of my ancestors. Starting with myself I have posted five generations back. Four more generations could be added to this all of whom are still living. The youngest of the fourth generation not posted is one year old. That is my great-great granddaughter.

I want to thank a distant cousin for furnishing me with all these pictures and information. He spent years searching through all kinds of records to collect all this priceless information. My grandmother had told me a lot of this that I hadn’t forgotten, but I had very few pictures. Thanks, Ron Holly.

I know that my ancestors were all religious people. They carried it down from generation to generation. I am proud to be included in that trait. My mother married a man who held a license from the Baptist faith. All my family members on both sides of my parents, which I was around, held high morals. I am sorry to say that time has diminished a lot of that. I believe the bible teaches us that this was to be expected. Although we wish the teachings of our ancestors  could have never been mired, we accept the fact that even in ancient bible times some of God’s chosen people strayed from His teaching. King David, God’s chosen King, had some bad descendants. He had one son who tried to kill his father, King David. Yet that son was King David’s favorite son. Wow! Who are we in this world of 2015?  Who are we descended from, and just who is our ancestors? On my day of judgment I may be rejected by the Great Judge, but I am doing everything I can possibly do to please God. Yes, we must never doubt judgment day is coming for all. What have we really done for Jesus? Have we made Him proud of us? I know some will brush this message off as foolish, but the bible teaches us to brush the dust off our shoes when leaving the steps of those who would not listen to us tell of His word. That is a pretty strong command. I want to keep living so I can keep teaching God’s word. I love the tests’ and trials God puts us through for it always makes us stronger in the end. Sometimes we have to battle with our own body. But remember God said, “without a battle there is no victory.” I want to feel victorious so I will meet the challenge of every trial God gives me. Physical pain as well as mental pain. Joy and peace always returns if we will accept the hard things in life as well as the good things. My prayers are going out to all of you right now.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp





No comments:

Post a Comment