Monday, September 21, 2020

The scraps from many garments It's so nice to be home after a week visiting two of my sisters in Oklahoma Cty. I had a great time, but as the old saying goes, theirs no place like home. I made in home in time to attend church last Sunday. I had missed the two previous Sundays. After church everything went right back in order as always. I'm looking forward to next Sunday/ My two sisters are suppose to come to see me this next week end if nothing happens. If they don't make it I will be enjoying a nice pot luck dinner at church in celebration of a couple of newly weds. I'm sure my sisters won't be staying past Sunday, so I may have to miss the special dinner, but that is alright. We will be having another one in November celebrating the note pay-off of our church. I have always enjoyed pot luck dinners at church. I am on the last stitches of finishing up a queen size quilt. I pieced the top several years ago, but put in away without quilting it. Recently I got it out and starting it. Every stitch is by hand, and my fingers are feeling the abuse. My daughter has already told me she wants to be the next in line for this quilt. She said she loved it, because most of the pieces of material are from clothes I made her when she was growing up. She remembers every garment from all the different pieces. Come to think of it that is kind of interesting, and makes for a great keep sake. I won't say how old she is now, but she is a grandmother. No daughter could ever be loved more by a mother than my love for her. I feel that same love for me. Sorry to say, but the blog spot I have used for several years has changed, and I cannot use it any longer. I will try using face book for awhile, but it too may soon change everything. We are living in a fast, changing world now, and I don't like it. As long as they don't take my television I will be fine. I got to keep up with what's going on in this old world even though I can't change anything. I do believe it helps us to make some pretty important decisions sometimes. I think God is the real inventor of all great technology, and that for a special reason. I thank Him for giving me an opportunity to see Him at work every day of my life. I feel same, and secure only because of Him. I feel loved by Him, and know I do not deserve it. His peace is free just for the asking. I ask a lot. How great is our God! How great is our Christian brothers, and sisters whom we share our worship services with! We have so much to be thankful for. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment