Monday, June 13, 2016

"My Gloryland Home"

The Hibiscus is one of my favorite flowers. They come and go quickly. Another will take this ones place in the morning. 6-13-2016 Perryton, Texas


Home again, and all rested up. I made a quick trip to my home town of Weatherford, Oklahoma. I was looking for a place to park an RV. I want to spend more time there close to family and friends, and to also be closer to my doctor. I am finding it to be a harder decision than I had thought. I will need more time to think about it. To tell the truth nothing is easy any more since I have been widowed. I am sure I will never find that happiness I had for many years. I am happy, but too alone. Some days I think I have solved the problem, then suddenly I feel like the problem can never be solved. Faith, hope, and charity are my constant companions. They go with me where ever I go. The problem is they go with me, I don’t go with them. I have enough respect for these companions till I don’t want to upset them. Sometimes I don’t feel like a very good leader. My greatest desire is to please God. Lord help me to remember that. “They who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.” I wonder if I missed Him for it seems like I’ve been waiting a long time. Then I have to be reminded I have more strength  than a teenager. I can’t say that about mental strength. I have no trouble feeling, but I can’t see far enough into the future. I pray that God will give me better spiritual eyesight.

I somehow believe the real problem is not my own, but one that involves the entire world. We are living in perilous times, and nothing is going to get better. I believe what we have to hope for now is determination to face the Trojan times. If I stay home every day for the rest of my life things are not going to be sweeter for me. Nor if I leave for short periods of time, things are still not going to be sweeter for me. Evil has come to live with us no matter where we make our home. There is no place to flee from it. I will continue every day to thank God for the safe and secure place I have at this time, and also thank Him for protecting my children and grandchildren. If ever I become bored, or long for excitement, please God forgive me and pick me up. I will do whatever I can to spread His good news around the world. Nothing could be more rewarding than that.

I will be posting this blog tonight declaring that I am one of the many on the winning side. Can anything be more exciting than that? I am living in Glory Land already. I just didn’t realize it. After a long tiring day a good nights rest can do wonders. Hope to be back with you tomorrow.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment