Wednesday, July 13, 2016

"Safe At Home"

I am sitting on the patio with my legs propped up watering the lawn. You can see the sprinkler through the screen door. I was trying to get a picture of a little bird taking a bath in the water from the sprinkler, but it doesn't show up. 7-13-2016 Perryton, Texas.


The temperature was above 100 degree today without any wind. I was relaxing on the patio and watering the yard when a little bird came to take a quick bath in the sprinkler. It doesn’t show in the picture, but it was so cute raising it’s wings in the water. This place would be pretty lonely sometimes if it were not for the birds, and rabbits sharing my yard. Since I returned from my 4th of July week’s vacation I have gotten most of the grass out of the flower garden. It is beginning to look nice again. Because of the heat I have to water every day. I am hoping for rain soon.

The past two days I have done almost nothing but watch news on television. I am going to be needing to take another short vacation right away. I cannot continue to watch the bad news for very long because I find myself trying to help solve, and fix the problems. I know that everyone is affected in some way with all the unrest that surrounds us daily, but my only hope is to stay close to home, and trust our God to keep us safe. I feel more safe and secure in my home than any where else on earth. I thank God for that blessing. A day or two of leaving to change the environment is a must for me, but I am always ready to get back to my little heaven of rest. Fame or fortune could not replace my peace and joy. Though I live to be a hundred it will have been a short life. I love my earthly dwelling, and hope to stay active for many more years. Even so I know I have to say, “yes Lord,” when He gets ready to take me home.

The worse thing about this life is having to give up someone whom I have known and loved for a long time. This could number into the hundreds. I have a drawer full of obituaries not including those whose funerals I could not attend. As for the memories, they just never go away. This is the reason I need to leave home pretty often for a short time, and get my mind off bad things that I cannot change. As much as I love my home, and the comfort I feel here, sometimes I do not want to come back after being away for awhile. It usually takes me a week or so to remember who I am, and bounce back into the contented mood. Still I am blessed, and need nothing more than what I have. I often think I need the old fashion church that I was raised in, and attended for many years, but I know that will never happen again. It has been replaced with strange worship, and an unfamiliar spirit. Changing with the times is the second hardest thing I have to do. God never changes, and I know I can keep Him in my heart right here at home. I have always enjoyed many friends, and Christian brothers and sisters, but before I will give up my consecration to God, I will give up my friends, family, or anything else that tries to come between us. My bones may be buried or burned up, but my spirit can never be destroyed.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment